Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Awakening.

My all time favorite season is Spring! Followed closely by autumn. Seeing new life break forth after months of dreary winter (especially one with minimal sparkly snow), inspires me. Since our return to Maryland I've begun incorporating a new tradition in our family, visiting the Cherry Blossoms that were gifted to the U.S. by the Japanese. They were planted around the tidal basin that is also home to the Jefferson Memorial.

Last year during my visit I could only touch my belly and imagine what it would be like to introduce BC to the beautiful blossoms. This year we were able to witnessed it as it unfolded. And now we share it with you.







Here are some other pics from our excursion.

5 comments:

kaiandkristi said...

Those are GORGEOUS! I absolutely LOVE the cherry blossoms too! When we lived in Korea, we were able to experience them in all their beauty, but haven't lived around them since. I wish we had beautiful trees like that here! Thanks for sharing your awesome pictures. I can enjoy them again now:-D

Lafianza.doula said...

oh Deirde!! you are making me homesick!! =)

Cherry blossoms are one of my very favorite things! I was so hoping the baby would be born by now so we could all go see them. but who am I kidding? like I wanna drive 3 hrs with a newborn in the backseat just to see some trees? heh...

but, they are so beautiful. *sigh*

(p.s. write me and tell me more about the "work" issues... I'm dying to know)

Erica said...

somehow... i see myself in those pictures too. cuz i know i woulda been there with you had i been in DC :o)

Kama said...

Those look awesome! Thanks for entering my giveaway last week for the crayon rollup. You were chosen as the winner! Please e-mail me your address and I'll get it off to you very soon! Congratulations!! :)

Heather said...

Zea is so adorable, I just want to eat her up. Love the pictures of her with the blossoms, reminds me of some pics we have of Syd at that age!!! Love ya