Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why I do what I do. . .

Recently it seems as though a slew of my friends and acquaintances have been/are pregnant. Wanting to be a good friend and not bombard them with all my birthing knowledge unless asked, I've kept relatively quiet. Here, I can share some information without making it too personal. My passion is to share options during pregnancy and childbirth. Too many times I hear, "If I had only known before." Well, if you don't know your options, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!!!

Birth Matters Virginia recently sponsored a informational movie contest about, you guessed it, birth. This video won third place. It blends information on childbirth in America and personal encouragement and women strive to have their best birth!

3 comments:

rcbeast@gmail.com said...

You are amazing!!! And I can for one say that I wish I had done a home birth...as it was Javen could have been born in the car! Natural birth was amazing but I wish I had done it with you by my side!!! You're an awesome doula and I highly recommend you to all I meet!

Erica said...

amen.... i even teared up.... ima have me a doula next to me when i have a baby..... one day :o)

i love you D!!!!!

keep educating the womens about that stuff... you good fo dat!!

dpm said...

thanks for this video... i now feel like i have the motivation to fight for what i want every step of the way in the hospital, 'cause in the end it'll all be worth it. i want soooooo badly to birth at the birth center though.... *sigh*